- To inform and educate the public on the hazards of poor sanitation and on their role in maintaining a clean and healthy environment.
- To encourage and facilitate wherever practical, the population’s participation in the planning and undertaking of country-wide environmental enhancement initiatives.
- Conducting presentations for the nation’s schools, community groups and institutions;
- Facilitating the development and implementation of environmental enhancement projects in the nation’s schools, communities and institutions;
- Staging exhibitions at various public venues;
- Producing and distributing educational materials to the general public (brochures / newsletters)
- Producing, showing and distributing relevant documentaries; and
- Conducting media discourses on the radio and television